Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Ocean commuting by bike

One of my neighbors rides his bike to work...across Puget Sound's ocean waters. He teaches at a college within sight of Bainbridge Island, but an 80 mile round trip drive by car.

What to do? Commute across the water, in his case with a HydroBike.


Bob Barrett and Nat Hong are both happy with their ocean bike commutes, for reasons of health, fun, and resource savings. I'm jealous that they get out on the water every day, but then I do my commute in bunny slippers so I can't really complain.

1 comment:

Kevin Zelnio said...

Thats awesome! I commute by way of land-based bike 6 miles each way, everyday in every sort of weather. I love being off the gasline and getting a work out. I wonder how stable it is. If I move to an area with a river, I gotta get me one of them.