Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Back to college

For at least an hour. I'll be talking to Environmental Science 101 at Western Washington University, 440 students if they all show up.


This should be fun, the class is taught by Dr. David Shull, who was a student in the last class I taught before I quit being a professor. He's asked me to talk about real world conservation, using examples from my personal experience.

Well, let's see, there's a lot to choose from, including the sublime, nasty, and ridiculous.


...should I talk about having my life threatened, or the gunfire in Colombia?...

...how about the unbelieveably amazing sights of the ocean world in remote places?...

...I know, the best I have to offer is upwelling hope, and optimism, and the amazing fact that the more I do this work the more optimistic I become...

No comments: