Thursday, May 01, 2008

Rescued from a remote island

Some stranded people were rescued from a remote Pacific Island. The question is: why would anyone want to leave?

No, it's not Gilligan's Island, it's Palmyra. It's beautiful, pristine, perfect, and why would anyone want to leave?

I suppose it would get old after a while, but I'd love the chance to find out how long I'd have to be there before I got tired of it and wanted to leave. Probably longer than the week this stranded group was there.

How about you? Wanna go to Palmyra? And how long would you want to stay? I'm thinking a couple of months at least, maybe a year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding me? I'd go in a heartbeat. I'd want to stay a couple of months at least. Have you read Jared Diamond's collapse? He talked about island communities and how they destroyed themselves by destroying depleting the natural food resources at a rate that couldn't replenish. Would be interesting to see with our knowledge how well we could survive and sustain ourselves. If you need a guinea pig for a deserted island trip, I'm it!

Dagny McKinley
www.onnotextiles.com
organic apparel

David J. Hirsh said...

I am counting at least 9 reefbreaks and a 300 degree swell window. A container of surfboards and a freshwater source is all I'd need!

Eric Heupel said...

I'm in for a year.. or two!
I could use a break like that...