Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Southern Fried Screeds

If you want to know where to find two guys that look at things from the bottom, head on over to Southern Fried Science.

Now I don't like fried things, the south baffles me, and I once burned myself on a particularly nasty science, so there's nothing about this blog that attracts me. Yet I can't quite turn away. They're young and brash (I know I met one of them and I can tell what kinds of friends he has) but at the same time, they're not old and shy like me. They have stupid ideas even while not being very smart. But ultimately, somehow, they do that blog thing by frying up something worth eating.

For example...

First Why Sharks Matter fondles his passions by describing "5 things worse for the planet than global warming." Oh yeah, he thinks dolphins suck too.

Then the Southern Fried Scientist blasts off over "what the hell happened to the environmental movement?" He's wrong of course, with everything he says until the end when he comes around to being right. Now how did he do that?

It's the best of blogging, where people spout spume and after the mess has settled a bit you look at it and see the image of Darwin on a tortilla and go "whoa."

5 comments:

Christie Lynn said...

That just made me spew my drink all over my keyboard. Curse you! Now I have to buy a new one.

SouthernFriedScientist said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SouthernFriedScientist said...

I actually saw the image of Darwin on a buttermilk biscuit...

And that's the second time this week I've remotely destroyed someone's keyboard.

WhySharksMatter said...

Dolphins DO suck.

SouthernFriedScientist said...

technically speaking of course, dolphins don't suck, they blow